Send Alert - How to tell if it was sent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send Alert - How to tell if it was sent.

Hi,

I have a "send alert" flow step set up to send to the account/lead owner.  In the lead's activity, as well as the campaign, it says that the email was sent however the account owner is not receiving the emails.  Is there a way to see if the email had actually sent to what specific email address the email was sent to? 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Send Alert - How to tell if it was sent.

If you are looking in the Results tab of a trigger campaign that sent an alert out, and you find one of the "Send Alert" steps in the log, double-click on that line item (or you can just single-click on the activity ID link, usually the far left column) and a new Activity Details window will open.

From here you can confirm if Send to Owner occurred, and who it would have been sent to, and also if you specified a "Send to List" you'll see any additional recipients on the next line.  In terms of getting analytics the way you can for actual outbound emails, I'm not sure that is available anywhere for alerts (in terms of "was sent, was delivered, was opened", but it sounds more like you are trying to simply verify who an alert was sent to, so hopefully this helps).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if these alerts ever fail to send?

I'm looking at a log and it just says that it sent to "Lead Owner." I'm concerned that it attempted to send the alert before the lead was synced to Salesforce.

pastedImage_0.png

Juan_de_Dios_Ng
Level 3

Nate suggestions is not perfect but it's also the best I can think of. As alert emails aren't tracked by Marketo.  Why not use the Send Email flow action rather than Send Alert, especially if the referrer is outside of your company?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Juan,

You cannot do that, as it will only send an email to the lead itself, not to anyone else.

-Greg

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

If the alert was not successfully sent it would show an error on the activity log. Had the same issue that the alert/task were sending out before it was assigning a Lead Owner and had to throw in a wait step.