SOLVED

Re: Segmentation smart lists for snippet use

Go to solution
Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Segmentation smart lists for snippet use

Hi folks,

I'm trying to send a Live Event email with a different CTA for registered leads vs unregistered. I created the default CTA and the snippet for registered leads. That will be sent according to my segmentation.

If I create an Events segmentation that doesn't specify a particular program, but only that they are marked as registered, I assume it will affect any lead registered for any event.

pastedImage_0.png

Will the campaign smart list in a LE program layer over the segmentation smart list to filter out leads in other events?

Basically - if I use that generic segmentation in a particular program, with campaigns specifying that the email should be sent to members of this program only, it will not include registered members of other events, even though the original segmentation applies to any registered lead, correct?

pastedImage_2.png

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ulyana,

This filter will only select people who are member of a program with channel "live event" (which is what you want, I gather) and status = "Registered":

pastedImage_0.png

This means that is a lead has moved to the "attended" status, it will no longer be selected. Is this what you want ?

Now, to you question, you are correct, the segmentation for the dynamic content in the email will only apply to the leads who are selected in the smart campaign, so only the leads in the event "LE 2016_10_23 CG".

-Greg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ulyana,

This filter will only select people who are member of a program with channel "live event" (which is what you want, I gather) and status = "Registered":

pastedImage_0.png

This means that is a lead has moved to the "attended" status, it will no longer be selected. Is this what you want ?

Now, to you question, you are correct, the segmentation for the dynamic content in the email will only apply to the leads who are selected in the smart campaign, so only the leads in the event "LE 2016_10_23 CG".

-Greg

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Hi!

Thanks for responding. I tested it on my two emails by running the campaign once.

pastedImage_0.png

The gmail has an invited status, the retailpro.com has a registered status. Both still got the default snippet. The preview shows the correct snippet. The dynamic section in the draft shows the correct content.

pastedImage_2.png

What do you think might be happening?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ulyana,

Are using a "send email" to test or a "send sample"? if you use a send sample, make sure you do it in a context where you can choose a lead (from Marketo main UI)

-Greg

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Hi Greg,

I ran the campaign so it was an actual send.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And you are double sure that the program channel is Live Event? Sorry for asking a stupid  question, but I am trying to eliminate all potential source of error.

-Greg

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Yep! It's a Live Event. The email is approved.

pastedImage_0.png

Segmentation is approved...

pastedImage_2.png

The snippet is approved...

pastedImage_5.png

Also, I set up the segmentation so it's anyone registered for anything - Live Event, Webinar, etc.

pastedImage_4.png

Statuses are correct...

pastedImage_3.png

What else can it be?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Just check in which segments are your 2 leads (go to the lead full page, ibn the lead info tab, the segments are listed).

They might well be invited in another event and in this case, they will be in the "invited" segment.

-Greg

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Ah. I am indeed invited somewhere else. So how do you recommend streamlining my segmentations so I don't have to create a new one for every event? (Since you can't edit the smart list in an approved segment)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Well, you cannot have both...

You can revert the order of the segments so that attended are computed before Registered, itself computed before Invited. But then, all people who are registered somewhere else will be in the "registered" segment...

We never use segmentations and dynamic content for this usage, just because you cannot have one segmentation for multiple segments. We just use multiple emails and a choice in the send email flow step.

-Greg