Segmentation Delays or Limitations

Danielle_Davis1
Level 2

Segmentation Delays or Limitations

Hello,

I recently created a new segmentation and I'm running into a few issues during my testing. My test contacts who were only in Marketo (and not in Salesforce) are showing up in the default segment when they fit all the criteria of another segment. It's working correctly for my test contacts who are in both Marketo and Salesforce. I just created the test records that are only in Marketo this morning so I'm wondering if there's either a delay for the segmentation to start working or if the leads need to be in Salesforce in order for it to work correctly (but I'm not sure why that would be the case).

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Danielle

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Segmentation Delays or Limitations

Hi Danielle,

Unless you have used "SFDC Type is not empty" as a segment filter, there is no need for a person to be in SFDC in order to belong to a segment.

Normally, the segmentation takes a few minutes to computes its segments, but not hours.

The most likely is that there is an error in you filters that is not catching your contacts.

Ask support to give it a look, anyway a fresh pair of eyes might see it while you no longer can, just because you have spent too much time on it

-Greg

Danielle_Davis1
Level 2

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for the reply. We don't have any filters for the SFDC Type, so I'll try reaching out to Support. Hopefully they'll find whatever I'm missing!

Thanks again,

Danielle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Danielle,

Can you please share snapshots or criteria that you may be using, so that we may have a better look and provide you with solution if we could.

Thanks

Danielle_Davis1
Level 2

Hi Ranvijay,

This new segmentation has two segments (not counting the default). The only difference between the segments is whether the Distributor/Rep field is empty or not. Here's a snapshot of the first segment:

pastedImage_0.png

Here's a snapshot of the second segment:

pastedImage_1.png

Let me know if you see anything.

Thanks,

Danielle

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Danielle,

The 2 segments are using custom fields and it might happen that these fields only have values if the record is sync'ed with SFDC.

-Greg

Danielle_Davis1
Level 2

Hi Greg,

That’s usually the case with most of our leads, but for these tests I manually filled in the custom fields in Marketo.

Danielle