Segmentation and Spark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Segmentation and Spark

...did you segment your list and send custom content based on buyer persona...seems these days that is the olny way I get the ROI I am happy with...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since this was our first marketing activity in nearly 5 months, it was just a random send chunked up into chunks of 2500 each. I'm really just trying to wake up the DB and start to establish an ongoing cadence.

More complex segmentation will come soon. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. Now you lhave a baseline for your reporting.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked out technically. Results may take some time. I'd really focus on sending high-value content for your audience and let nature start to take its course.

You might consider leveraging the Customer Engagement Engine, which is all about establishing a cadence, and makes it super simple to add content over time without having to worry about who already got what, where people are in the flow, etc.

Furthermore, the new Email Program with much easier A/B testing capabilties is something to investigate.

Mark's suggestion is somethign to work toward.  The system part of that isn't that difficult.  It's creating the content versions that can take the majority of time.  Of course, sometimes that can also be simple, such as creating different versions of the subject line, or swapping a different case study depending on industry, etc., which doesn't take much time.

Good luck!
Mike