Re: Segment.io Integration

angusmcjs
Level 1

Segment.io Integration

Hey there - I was wondering if anyone has experience integrating Segment.io & Marketo? We are mid-implementation for our Marketo instance and we are hitting our daily API limit by Segment every day. We negotiated our Marketo contract to have 100k/day, which is already a lot so I'm finding it odd that Segment is hitting that limit all by itself.

We have Marketo both as a Source and a Destination in Segment, and we have a 10k call/day limit set up on our Source info. We are not tracking anonymous activity, we have only selected a handful of traits and events to map into Marketo, and because we are still going through implementation, our database is only at 500k contacts at the moment, with the total DB size being 1.5 million once we launch.

We reached out to Segment support and they responded with the below:

Our Marketo source syncs fully every time so we will by default attempt to collect everything that's available in your account every time, and there's no way to filter/select what exactly we'd like to sync over or not I'm afraid. For the idea you mentioned or any other customization, we'd recommend looking into building your own source function as that would give you the flexibility to code it to your own needs. 

I'm finding this answer very hard to believe. Has this been an issue anyone has come across before and if so, what areas can we look at to help correct this?

1 REPLY 1
jeremyh
Level 1

Re: Segment.io Integration

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?