SOLVED

How to remove the emails of Internal recipients from the "cc" section of email ?

Go to solution
MMundra1
Level 3

How to remove the emails of Internal recipients from the "cc" section of email ?

Hi All,

I am using a "Send alert" flow step to notify my Internal recipients (seedlist) about all the email deliveries so as to avoid the communication limits issue (daily/weekly limits) for them. However, I can see that using this method, it's showing all the names of seedlist recipients in the "cc" section as shown below:

MMundra1_0-1680524435365.png

Question - Do we have any platform functionality through which my audience members does not see these seedlist recipients details ?

Mahak Mundra
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: How to remove the emails of Internal recipients from the "cc" section of email ?

Questions:

1. Can you please let me know how to add  the distribution list email addresses as a single email address ?

You need to request your IT team to create a distribution list with all the internal seed list addresses. Once that is done, you could send an email to everyone on the list by sending it to just one id set up by your IT team. e.g., marketingseedlist@<your-company-domain>.com You'd need to create a person record in Marketo DB with this distribution list email address. 

2.  Do we have any justifications of this behaviour as to why it is not considering the member of list condition and only sending an alert to the "To Other Emails" recipients ?

The Member of List choice step condition executes based on the person for whom the campaign flow has been executed, i.e., the person qualified for the campaign. That is, in simple words, the send alert would only be executed if and only if (iff) the person with the Email Address in campaign SL would be present in the static list mentioned in the Send Alert flow's choice step.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

Re: How to remove the emails of Internal recipients from the "cc" section of email ?

What's your exact use case here? If you just want to send details about deliveries, you could just create a subscription for your seed list records in an email performance report.

If you're using the Send Alert flow only because the recipients don't reach their communication limits, then this is not the best way. You could use the send email flow step instead in this campaign and send out the marketing emails by overriding the communication limits at the campaign level (or set this alert email asset as an operational email in the first place). Send Alert flow step is best suited to send out emails to the people not in your DB or the use cases where you wish to include the qualified person’s data in the alert email.

Is your seed list part of any larger email sends/campaigns (other than the status deliveries like above) too wherein you cannot update the campaign settings because you have a live audience too? In case you go with the suggested approach then your seed list may not receive emails from this larger campaign if they have reached their communication limits. To tackle this, you can always create a parallel campaign with communication limits overridden that sends out the email just to the seed list.  

MMundra1
Level 3

Hi Darshil,

Thank you for the response. Actually I am using "Send Alert" flow step for my internal marketers who just want to recieve all the email deliveries right after it gets sent to the target audience so as to ensure the look and feel of email is appropriate.

Because there are cases when they have more than 1 program send in a day and wants to recieve all the email deliveries in their own inboxes, for this I thought using "Send Alert" as the option due to the below reason:

Alert emails are not tracked. No Opens, No Clicks. Only email performance reports can be created, but it will not provide the details persons. However, we can validate the qualified persons to whom the alert was sent.

So with this, my internal Marketers will have all the deliveries in their own inboxes + their emails won't get tracked in the the email performance reports and hence the data won't get inflated.

Please note that I want to keep the communication limits as is for my target audience. I just want to bypass the limits for my MOPS team / internal stakeholders/ seedlist members.

Mahak Mundra
Darshil_Shah1

I don't think you can execute Send Alert flow step similar to the Send Email flow step, i.e., sales alert recipients OOTB couldn't be sent 1-1 emails. Since these are internal folks, you could create a distribution list for them and add that distribution list email address as a single email address in the Send Alert flow step. However, if your org allows people to view people inside the distribution list then we're back to square 1 of your original ask. We've had some discussions in the community on sending an email copy out to internal people for audit purposes and you should check those out. One caveat with sending an email delivery out to your internal audience for every email send is that this could easily overwhelm your email server in case of high email volumes.

MMundra1
Level 3

Hi Darshil,

One quick update - I tested this scenario where I have placed all my required internal stakeholders email address in the "To Other emails" section of Send Alert flow step and they all recieved the email deliveries just after the "Send Email" flow step runs.

MMundra1_0-1680536272133.png

However, I have a doubt here - I imported the same email addresses(which have been blacked) and added it into list and called it in the flow;

MMundra1_3-1680536693604.png

Issue is Marketo is not considering the list calling in the flow step and only sends alert to those members who have been added in the "To Other emails": 

MMundra1_2-1680536502375.png

Questions:

1. Can you please let me know how to add  the distribution list email addresses as a single email address ?

2.  Do we have any justifications of this behaviour as to why it is not considering the member of list condition and only sending an alert to the "To Other Emails" recipients ?

Mahak Mundra
Darshil_Shah1

Questions:

You need to request your IT team to create a distribution list with all the internal seed list addresses. Once that is done, you could send an email to everyone on the list by sending it to just one id set up by your IT team. e.g., marketingseedlist@<your-company-domain>.com You'd need to create a person record in Marketo DB with this distribution list email address. 

The Member of List choice step condition executes based on the person for whom the campaign flow has been executed, i.e., the person qualified for the campaign. That is, in simple words, the send alert would only be executed if and only if (iff) the person with the Email Address in campaign SL would be present in the static list mentioned in the Send Alert flow's choice step.