SOLVED

Seeing salesforce accounts as members of salesforce campaign in Marketo

Go to solution
Matt-Stone
Level 2

Seeing salesforce accounts as members of salesforce campaign in Marketo

Salesforce has a relatively new feature to allow Accounts to be campaign members of a campaign (previously was limited to just leads or contacts). I was hoping the Member of Salesforce Campaign filter would still pull in any contacts associated with the account that's a member of the campaign, but it doesn't appear to work that way. Has anyone discovered a way to utilize this data in Marketo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Seeing salesforce accounts as members of salesforce campaign in Marketo

I was hoping the Member of Salesforce Campaign filter would still pull in any contacts associated with the account that's a member of the campaign, but it doesn't appear to work that way. Has anyone discovered a way to utilize this data in Marketo?

Hi @Matt-Stone, I think this is the expected behavior. Since this is a new Salesforce feature would need an update to the native integration for Marketo to be able to associate/include people belonging to an Account when that Account is added to the SFDC Campaign. I suppose you could create automation in SFDC that'd add contact records to the respective SFDC campaign too when the Account is added to it, then it'd function as you're expecting via the native sync (at least until Adobe decides and updates their native sync to do this automatically). Also, this may not be useful for everything, but I can see how this could be useful for companies who do ABM/have ABM use cases.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Seeing salesforce accounts as members of salesforce campaign in Marketo

I was hoping the Member of Salesforce Campaign filter would still pull in any contacts associated with the account that's a member of the campaign, but it doesn't appear to work that way. Has anyone discovered a way to utilize this data in Marketo?

Hi @Matt-Stone, I think this is the expected behavior. Since this is a new Salesforce feature would need an update to the native integration for Marketo to be able to associate/include people belonging to an Account when that Account is added to the SFDC Campaign. I suppose you could create automation in SFDC that'd add contact records to the respective SFDC campaign too when the Account is added to it, then it'd function as you're expecting via the native sync (at least until Adobe decides and updates their native sync to do this automatically). Also, this may not be useful for everything, but I can see how this could be useful for companies who do ABM/have ABM use cases.