SOLVED

Re: Section for consultants?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section for consultants?

Is there a place where consultants have discussions? I'm looking to take on my first consulting job and I am looking for a bit of advice from consultants that have their own clients. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily Dick​ Great question. We can create a space/group for consultants. What do you think we should call it?
What sort of advice do you need? Together we can jump start this new area!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily Dick​ Great question. We can create a space/group for consultants. What do you think we should call it?
What sort of advice do you need? Together we can jump start this new area!

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Emily,

I am also in for it. Let me know if i can be of any help to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this would be a great space/group. The name is little tricky...a couple suggestions to build on:

Marketo Consultants - Newbies to Pros

Consultant Community

I guess I'm looking for advice on managing projects, billing (by project or hour), tips anyone might have for someone starting out. One thing I've already run into is creating a new user in another org with my personal email address - which I had tied to my company Org for testing.

The group overall could be a place for advice, best practices, bouncing new ideas around and even recommending other consultants when they need to pass on a client/project.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily Dick

Ravi Ansal

Should I add it to the Marketing Central Area?

To be honest, I think we should come up with a name that does not include Marketo since Marketo already has a group called the Marketo Consultants (and I think they brand it that way externally)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, let's add it! Is there a way to promote this group to others?

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Emily it is great idea and Consultant Group name looks good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Now the next question. What should be in this group? Or should I just set it up and let you all work your magic! And contribute

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Emily Dick good luck on your first consulting engagement.  I occasionally consult and this would be a great new resource area.

The name 'Consultants' group is a little bland, but it is descriptive. 

I believe that Scott and Liz are currently investigating unique ways to allow consultants to have a single and persistent Community profile where their missions and points would be able to accumulate and not have to be diluted across multiple profiles generated by each of their client Marketo user accounts.  So Marekto may have the ability to promote this new group to those members.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is a great idea. I myself do consulting for clients and it would be great to have a section where consultants can find all the Administrative Documents; such as, step-by-step Set-up Guides, Configuration Documents, etc. This will be useful for those that may not be partners, but are certified and do freelance consulting/contracting, etc. on behalf of Marketo:)