Scoring issues due to multiple-visits of the same page at the same time

Yifat_Danieli
Level 3

Scoring issues due to multiple-visits of the same page at the same time

I have an issue in giving the right score for my leads becuase of the following - look at this guy's log below. He is being counted at the exact same minute for 10 web visits of the SAME WEB PAGE...

I'm not sure why this is hapenning... my questions are:

1. Can I do something to prevent my leads from doing that? (or is it from their side only and Marketo simply count the times they're standing on their page? maybe their browser is auto-refreshed or something? I have no clue why this is hapenning)

2. Can I make sure in my scoring program that a lead is given points only if they visit a page once?

unnamed (2).png

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Scoring issues due to multiple-visits of the same page at the same time

Hi Yifat,

It can even be a robot doing this. Due the frequency, I would suspect this.

There is no much you can do. If you limit the smart campaign to fire only once very hours, you will loose any normal navigation that changes pages every 2 minutes or so.

-Greg

Yifat_Danieli
Level 3

Thanks for the quick response Gregoire!!

But if I limit my smart campaign to limit that, I might miss all the "real leads" that are actually visiting real pages... is there anything else you can think of that would solve this solution?

If I could only make sure that the page is not the same...

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I set most of my Visit  and Clicks triggers to once every hour anyway. otherwise, you overscore.

Yifat_Danieli
Level 3

Thanks Josh! Yeah... I guess I'm going to do that in the end...