Re: Scoring Fields for Sales Insight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scoring Fields for Sales Insight

I wanted to set my scoring fields for stars and flames for Sales Insight. More specifically, I wanted to set them so that stars represented a custom feild in SFDC, while the flames stayed how its currently set to default (activity of lead).

When I go to change the scoring field in the Sales Insight setting in the admin panel, the default field (in this case, lead score) is the only option in the drop down menu.

How do I create more options for this field? Is it possible? Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The field also needs to bea score field in Marketo. The custom field that you mentioned in SFDC is it in sync with Marketo if so is it a score field?

You can check in field managment and should be able to change the field type to score if it is a number field. Don't jump into changing the field type if you are unsure.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't, and I did sync it as such and saw it in the drop down.

As a secondary (and equally important) question...

The field that I will be scoring off of is a field ranging from 1-100. Is Marketo intuitive enough to know that, say 75-100 is a 3 star lead, 50-74 is 2 star, etc? Or will it simply give 0 stars if the field is not populated and 3 stars if it is?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way that the stars and flames work is a little more complicated than that because they take how relative the score is in comparision to other leads in the system.

The stars represent relative score -- a measure of how this person's lead score compares to everyone else's.  A high relative score means this person is probably more interested and informed about your offer compared to people with lower relative scores.

For example if you had four leads
A - score 0  - no stars
B - score 15 - 1 star
C-  score 50 - 2 stars
D - score 80 - 3 stars

So you can't say for sure that eveyone above 75 will have 3 stars because if 80% of your leads have 76 points and a handful have a score of say 90+ then those handful, relative to all the other leads, would be your best bets and therefore should have more stars than those with less point.

I hope that helps.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyvXCAS