SOLVED

Score or mark a lead as a DO NOT contact with ALL offers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score or mark a lead as a DO NOT contact with ALL offers

Hi,

I am new to Marketo and was wondering where and how do I score/mark a lead  from never receiving an offer. Is there  place on the system I can add their name so if they come in at a later date or from another list ; they will not be pulled in as a new lead? 

Do I add them to the black list in the lead database section.  Please let me know. Thank you, T
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score or mark a lead as a DO NOT contact with ALL offers

If you set the lead to Black Listed = True, they will never receive content, so this would meet your requirements perfectly. You can set this either by the checkbox in the Lead Info view, or via Lead Database > Lead Actions > Marketing > Change Data Value.

As long as you keep them in the database, even if you import them in again Marketo will merge the lead data automatically so they will remain Black Listed.

I suggest creating some processes concerning how to deal with situations like these and making sure your team are on board with it. It's hard work in the early stages, but worth it in the end! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could have a smart campaign that looks for these types of leads and marks them unsubscribed and do not call (or whatever fields you use).

If you are talking about competitors you may want to make a smart list or static to catch these and then exclude thoses lists from mailings.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you set the lead to Black Listed = True, they will never receive content, so this would meet your requirements perfectly. You can set this either by the checkbox in the Lead Info view, or via Lead Database > Lead Actions > Marketing > Change Data Value.

As long as you keep them in the database, even if you import them in again Marketo will merge the lead data automatically so they will remain Black Listed.

I suggest creating some processes concerning how to deal with situations like these and making sure your team are on board with it. It's hard work in the early stages, but worth it in the end! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank yoiu all -- I will run by team here.  T