SOLVED

Same timestamps for multiple webpage activities for the same person

Go to solution
Anurag
Level 2

Same timestamps for multiple webpage activities for the same person

I was looking at the activity data collected by Marketo for "Visited webpage". According to the timestamps, the same person has visited multiple webpages (atleast 3) in the same second i.e. having the exact same timestamp. And this has happened to multiple people in the database. 

If it was just a couple of people, I'd think its a coincidence, but I wonder how this can happen to 100+ people (out of a couple of thousands). Could someone help me find an explanation?

Is it possible that they clicked the link when internet was down and when internet resumed, all three websites were visited at once? Unlikely, I hope someone has a better explanation, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Same timestamps for multiple webpage activities for the same person

Almost certainly a mail scanner following your email links to scan for malicious content. Mail scanners check multiple pages in parallel, they don't know need to wait to go one after another.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Same timestamps for multiple webpage activities for the same person

Almost certainly a mail scanner following your email links to scan for malicious content. Mail scanners check multiple pages in parallel, they don't know need to wait to go one after another.