SOLVED

Re: Same lead, several lead alerts

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same lead, several lead alerts

Hi again,

Another question regarding leads submitting forms: We’re currently running a campaign that utilizes a Marketo landing page and form which, upon being filled out, sends a triggered lead alert back to the client.

However, we’ve noticed a couple of instances where the same lead comes through more than once. Is the lead filling out the form multiple times? Or is something off with the form/lead alert?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Erik is asking whether the lead triggered multiple campaigns with similar flow steps. I would be willing to bet that you have the form scheduled to run everytime the form is submitted, correct?

If clients need to be notified for each submission and you are seeing the lead go through multiple times, then yes, that means the lead filled out the form multiple times. You can see whether something is off by checking the activity log for these leads to see what is causing the alert to be sent.

If clients do not need to be alerted for every submission of that form, you should restrict the schedule of the campaign to only allow the lead through once.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mariah,

Have you looked at the activity log of the specific lead? Maybe it qualified more than one campaign under some cases?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you explain a bit what you mean by "qualified more than one campaign"?

There is 1 form per 1 client -- which should send 1 lead alert back to the 1 client. But in some cases, the client is receiving the same 1 lead alert, 2 or 3 times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Erik is asking whether the lead triggered multiple campaigns with similar flow steps. I would be willing to bet that you have the form scheduled to run everytime the form is submitted, correct?

If clients need to be notified for each submission and you are seeing the lead go through multiple times, then yes, that means the lead filled out the form multiple times. You can see whether something is off by checking the activity log for these leads to see what is causing the alert to be sent.

If clients do not need to be alerted for every submission of that form, you should restrict the schedule of the campaign to only allow the lead through once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, that makes sense. We will restrict it so that the lead only flows through once. Thanks!