Salesforce syncing after a large data overhaul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce syncing after a large data overhaul

We recently updated a HUGE amount of data in SFDC (specifically, the Account Type field) and have yet to see the change take effect in Marketo.

I read in a help article that it sometimes takes a bit longer for the data to sync to my Marketo instance, though it's been 48 hours and my lists are still pulling outdated information. It's very likely that I'm just being impatient, but I'm wondering if
anyone else has experienced this and has an idea of how long it will take for this information to port over. 

I double checked the sfdc sync in my admin tab and all is well there, with the most recent sync happening at 8:44am EST this morning, and the field mapping is set up properly, with no changes having been made recently.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Salesforce syncing after a large data overhaul

You may wish to speak to support.

Alternatively, force a Sync by selecting all leads with SFDC Type IS NOT EMPTY and Sync Lead to SFDC. This should update all records from SFDC.

Marketo does poll SFDC every 5 min or so and uses a special flag on each field to see if something was updated. Not sure why your situation did not trigger updates.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Salesforce syncing after a large data overhaul

Sarah,

If I'm understanding correctly, you're attempting to write to a SFDC Account field. Out of the box, Marketo can only read SFDC Account fields so even if the change is made in Marketo, the changes will not be reflected in SFDC.