Salesforce Synch notification - advice needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Synch notification - advice needed

Hi,

I just had a notification about Salesforce Synch in Marketo, which reads as follows:

Salesforce Sync Warning   Why: The following Salesforce custom fields may not be synced because their types have changed:   Salesforce Field Marketo Field Change Nbr Kilowatts Required(Opportunity) Nbr Kilowatts Required integer->float Estimated Sq M(Opportunity) EstimatedSqM currency->integer Number of Units (KW)(Opportunity) Number of Units (KW) integer->float Url for full-sized Photo(User) Url for full-sized Photo string->url Url for Thumbnail sized Photo(User) Url for Thumbnail sized Photo string->url  
What to do now?  To sync these fields, please remove all references to these fields in Marketo. 

I'm not sure what to do now to ensure that no data is lost, is there someone with similar past experience, who could advise me?

thanks,
Alexia
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Salesforce Synch notification - advice needed

Hi Alexia,

First of all don't worry about 

Url for full-sized Photo(User)/Thumbnail  fields.
These are just SFDC fields for the user image on chatter so will have no impact negative or positive in Marketo.

As for the others 
Salesforce Field Marketo Field Change
Nbr Kilowatts Required(Opportunity) Nbr Kilowatts Required integer->float
Estimated Sq M(Opportunity) EstimatedSqM currency->integer
Number of Units (KW)(Opportunity) Number of Units (KW) integer->float

There's a good chance that these values will still save just fine. Although if someone has an SFDC oppty that requires 2.5 Kilowatts if Marketos definitaion of an integer is to the law then I think that would be just saved as 2 in Marketo.

You could build some smart lists in Marketo to see if the values match those on the SFDC opptys.

If you decide to make the changes tot he fields type then there should be nothing to worry about loosing data on the SFDC side because Marketo does not write to the opportunity object in SFDC.