SOLVED

Re: Salesforce Sync Error - Duplicate

Go to solution
Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Salesforce Sync Error - Duplicate

Does anyone have a way that they are notified when a lead doesn't sync over because there is a duplicate already in Salesforce? I find that every once in a while someone will fill out a form with a different email and it won't sync to Salesforce because it thinks it's creating a duplicate lead, but I don't have a way to catch these unless I am manually looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Even creating such a smart list of leads with a sync error is difficult. The only thing one can do is to create a list of people who should have qualified for sync but have not (SFDC Type is empty).

-Greg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Allison,

No there, is no possibility here.

covered here: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

and especially here:   and here

-Greg

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi Allison,

Question for you, how are you checking manually?  Is there a way for you to create a Smart List of people who qualify (i.e. lead was created; lead does not have a SFDC ID or something)?  If so, you can create your Smart list and then subscribe to it and it will email you a list weekly or monthly. Not sure if that's good enough, but just a thought!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Even creating such a smart list of leads with a sync error is difficult. The only thing one can do is to create a list of people who should have qualified for sync but have not (SFDC Type is empty).

-Greg

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Yea that's kind of what I was thinking. Overlay whatever your lead creation rules are to qualify for a sync, then add the (AND) operator SFDC Type = Empty. That would give you a list of qualified, but unsynced contacts. Not perfect, but something?

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Thanks, Gregoire and Chris, that actually is a decent workaround for me to use until Marketo creates an alert or something

David_Evans2
Level 1

We added a custom date/time field to the Salesforce lead object (lead_created_date__c) that gets set in Salesforce (simple lookup field of the native CreatedDate field) upon lead creation. This field also syncs back to Marketo. The main purpose is to track time between lead creation in Marketo and lead creation in Salesforce (time is of the essence). Additionally, you can subscribe to a smart list that exposes leads that should have sync'd but have a blank lead_created_date__c field.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

The elapse time is interesting. But you do not need such a field just to list records that could not sync. "SFDC Type is empty" is sufficient.

-Greg