SOLVED

Salesforce Overwriting a Contact When a Lead Fills Out a Form With the Same Email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Overwriting a Contact When a Lead Fills Out a Form With the Same Email?

I am having an issue where I have a contact not a lead named Ted Test in SF with the email example@example.com....then I have a lead fill out a form on our webpage named Mary Swanson with the same email email example@example.com and the sync from marketo to SF is making a lead for Mary, but is also changing the Contact from Ted Test to Mary Swanson.....this is becoming very problematic and I am not sure what I am missing?  Thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Salesforce Overwriting a Contact When a Lead Fills Out a Form With the Same Email?

You should Field Block key contact fields to reduce this risk. It will prevent overwrites while allowing new folks to update/add info.

The other problem is likely that someone if forwarding their emails and it is tracked to Ted Test and filling that in and someone isn't changing her email address on Form Fill Out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Salesforce Overwriting a Contact When a Lead Fills Out a Form With the Same Email?

You should Field Block key contact fields to reduce this risk. It will prevent overwrites while allowing new folks to update/add info.

The other problem is likely that someone if forwarding their emails and it is tracked to Ted Test and filling that in and someone isn't changing her email address on Form Fill Out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how to field block contact fields when importing a list, but how do you set it up for form fill outs...or is there something very simple I am missing!
Anonymous
Not applicable

NVM I got it!  Thanks a ton!!!