SalesForce Marketo Integration

Riz_Alvi
Level 4

SalesForce Marketo Integration

Hi,

Has anyone know to write a text field to Salesforce campaign. Let me elaborate, we create a Marketo campaign to upload of events and tradeshow list. We then create a Salesforce campaign to transfer all leads. What we are unable to do is to transfer the "notes" column. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

-Riz

Riz Alvi
7 REPLIES 7
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: SalesForce Marketo Integration

As long as there is a 'Notes' field on the lead and contact record you should be able to push these across from Marketo onto the Lead or Contact records in SFDC.  I always put the same notes in both fields so that it populates no matter if they're a lead or a contact.  You won't see this information in the SFDC Campaign though - you'll have to go into each record to check the notes.

Thanks

Juli

Riz_Alvi
Level 4

Thanks Juli

Just so that I understand. On the SalesForce end there has to be a field "notes" but I don't have a field called "notes" in Marketo. How do I create a "Notes" field in Marketo so that the spreadsheet "notes" column gets added in campaign members.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Rz

Riz Alvi
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi Riz,

Yeah you'll need a field notes on the lead and contact objects, and as soon as you have this you can sync that straight through to Marketo and the field will appear - just get the lead and contact field mapped to 1 Marketo field 🙂

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Riz,

In Marketo, the field "Person Notes" is mapped with the SFDC Standard field "Description" from the lead and the contact objects.

If for any reason, you do not want to use the standard SFDC fields, you can create your own, custom, fields in SFDC and have them mapped with Marketo.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Riz,

The note field in the SFDC campaign object, nor from the campaign member objects cannot be synchronized with Marketo.

The ideas to vote for are here:

•      

-Greg

Julz_James
Level 10

There is the description field in the SFDC Campaign object, but this has to be updated in SFDC.  I thought Riz was looking for updating each lead or contact record who was a member of the campaign?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Juli,

In this case, your suggestion works

-Greg