SOLVED

Salesforce integration prep document?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce integration prep document?

Might anyone have an integration prep document they would be willing to share? I'd like to be thinking through and planning for the hurdles that are likely to occur. This group has more experience and possibly horror stories that might help myself and others avoid similar mistakes. Thanks for any help you are willing to share.

Mike
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Salesforce integration prep document?

Hi Mike,

There's a SFDC Integration Guide for Marketo on this site. Just look for it.

I also wrote a guide to that that you can download: marketingrockstarguides.com

Some issues to prepare for:
  • make sure SFDC is as clean as possible. this includes workflow and dedupe. You can use Marketo to clean up some data values later.
  • Do the sync over the weekend (esp if you have lots of users).
  • Plan out data value migrations.
  • Plan out Scoring methodology based on historical data if you can. Choose scores and workflows ahead of time. Test it if you can.
  • Email Migration - make sure you prepare a subs management workflow plan and an email prefs migration from any older systems or in SFDC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike -

I'd be happy to send 30 minutes on the phone with you to walk through the basics. Every integration is a bit different.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Mike,

There's a SFDC Integration Guide for Marketo on this site. Just look for it.

I also wrote a guide to that that you can download: marketingrockstarguides.com

Some issues to prepare for:
  • make sure SFDC is as clean as possible. this includes workflow and dedupe. You can use Marketo to clean up some data values later.
  • Do the sync over the weekend (esp if you have lots of users).
  • Plan out data value migrations.
  • Plan out Scoring methodology based on historical data if you can. Choose scores and workflows ahead of time. Test it if you can.
  • Email Migration - make sure you prepare a subs management workflow plan and an email prefs migration from any older systems or in SFDC.