Salesforce Campaigns - Pros and cons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Campaigns - Pros and cons

We have not yet done a saleforce campaign to sync it with Marketo but we have our Marketo synced with SFDC and I am wondering how this has worked for others.  Do you like it.  What have you done with it, etc. etc.  I really do not know too much about this yet so any help or links to learn more about this and its capabilities would be greatly appreciated!

-Jaclyn
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Salesforce Campaigns - Pros and cons

We make SFDC campaigns for every program. It's the best way to allow the field to see you're efforts and leads involved and also allows them to attribute opportunites and hopefully revenue to marketing! (We can only hope that sales ppl actually did this each time 🙂 )
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I need to look into this more and glad to hear that there are benefits.  Does this tie into anything Sales does in SFDC that you know of...like if they use SFDC for an e-mail campaign?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• it is best to do what Kim says.
  • The implication is that ALL leads will be synced to SFDC, thus you must be ready to push non MQLs to a queue or other user. So just be aware of that.
  • Sales can Add leads to a Campaign and you can then use the filters in Marketo to access them.
  • Please try to make sales use the sales insight plugin instead of SFDC campaigns.