Re: Salesforce Campaign integration: Only Campaigns and nothing else

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Campaign integration: Only Campaigns and nothing else

Hi Community,

Here is my question, and I've been told by a Marketo consultant that it is a doozie:

I would like to sync contacts from Salesforce Campaigns with Marketo and nothing else.

Has anyone done this before?

Cheers,

Justin

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin Watts​ I moved your dozzie to the Products and Support​ section where the folks who know Marketo hang out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Scott K. Wilder <

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Justin,

To my knowledge this has not be done before.  In fact, I had a case the other day where the customer had blocked the sync user from seeing the Opportunity object and the initial integration was throwing errors. 

Marketo is designed to work hand in hand with Salesforce and that includes all the main objects.  Trying to sync only a single object wouldn't work because it's not completely self contained.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

You want to make it so that only contacts (Leads or Contacts) that are members of a SFDC Campaign sync to Marketo?

Why?

Let's say that you have a decent business reason to do this, then your only challenge is to tweak permissions in SFDC to make it so that Marketo can't see any contacts unless they are a member of a campaign.

You can make a checkbox on Leads and Contacts that says "Part of SFDC Campaign?" and then write a trigger to populate it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your response.

I'm sure there must be a better way of doing this as I'm not trying to do anything complex.

Our whole data base is synced every four hours to our offices. We have 20,000 contacts in SFDC this way.

I want 5000 of these to be accessed by Marketo and get the benefit of syncing every 4 hours (a lot of staff come and go).

I only want a maximum of 10,000 contacts in my Marketo.

Can you see a simpler solution?