SOLVED

Sales team finds Interesting Moment Alerts confusing. Any suggestions on how to make them translate better?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales team finds Interesting Moment Alerts confusing. Any suggestions on how to make them translate better?

An example of an Interesting Moment that our sales team gets is: 

Email: Clicked Link in Email: Essential white paper - public site. Thanks Email | Link: http://go.companyname.com/rs/companyname/Guide-To-Finding-And-Managing.pdf

I look at this and know that the lead has filled out a form, received a "thank you email" with the asset included - because there is a "pdf" in the link name. I understand that we can train our sales team about this, but is there another way to make this more readable? Has anyone else dealt with this? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sales team finds Interesting Moment Alerts confusing. Any suggestions on how to make them translate better?

I guess my big question is - what is confusing about it? You have the email name and it mentions "Key whitepaper" and the link with the name of the file.

Are they not familiar with the campaigns you are running?

You could also modify this so it doesn't show the Trigger itself and customize it so it says

Lead Clicked on Key Paper: {{trigger.Name}}

as right now you have something like {{trigger.Trigger Name}} {{trigger.Name}} {{trigger.Link}} 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13

Re: Sales team finds Interesting Moment Alerts confusing. Any suggestions on how to make them translate better?

You would have to create custom moments in each download program. The upside is Sales will be able to read it clearly. The downside is you end up with decentralized IMs, which is not that great because it will be hard to adjust.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Exactly what Josh said. I inherited the same kind of setup and opted instead for custom interesting moments, so mine read something like "White Paper Download: Name of Asset" or "Attended Tradeshow: Name of Event"

I think it's worth the extra effort, personally.
Josh_Hill13

I guess my big question is - what is confusing about it? You have the email name and it mentions "Key whitepaper" and the link with the name of the file.

Are they not familiar with the campaigns you are running?

You could also modify this so it doesn't show the Trigger itself and customize it so it says

Lead Clicked on Key Paper: {{trigger.Name}}

as right now you have something like {{trigger.Trigger Name}} {{trigger.Name}} {{trigger.Link}}