SOLVED

Re: Sales Insight (MSI) Tokens in the From / Reply-to

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Insight (MSI) Tokens in the From / Reply-to

We have a generic Blank Email template setup inside of MSI for our Salesforce Users to send out one off emails to their Contacts/Leads.

Our Sales Teams consists of both an Internal and an External counterpart.  We would like the ability for our Internal Partners to be able to send MSI emails to their Contacts/Leads on behalf or as if they were the External.

We have both Internal and External Emails set up as tokens but when we tested the External token as the From and Reply-to when being sent from the Internal it appeared as though it was sent by the Internal regardless of the token placed in the From line.

Can this be done?

(Without signing into SF as the External and just sending it like normal)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh

Not really - the Send Marketo Email functionality is really intended to come from the person who's sending it, rather than someone else, as its meant for one-to-one comms from the sales rep/account manager.

Do they have the outlook plugin, and permission to send from the External email address from their outlook? This could be a way to get around that.

Many thanks

Bronwen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh

Not really - the Send Marketo Email functionality is really intended to come from the person who's sending it, rather than someone else, as its meant for one-to-one comms from the sales rep/account manager.

Do they have the outlook plugin, and permission to send from the External email address from their outlook? This could be a way to get around that.

Many thanks

Bronwen

Anonymous
Not applicable

We do have the Outlook plugin but not certain on the permission to send as the External, I'll look into that idea. 

As good of a workaround as that is I'm sure the Team would still prefer to do these types of sends on a larger scale.  I'll search for some Ideas and if one doesn't exist I'll create it.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't find any current Ideas around it so I created a new one.