Re: Sales Insight From Address

Catherine_Caran
Level 2

Sales Insight From Address

How do you adjust the "from address" in a Marketo Sales Insight email so that it comes from the lead owner as opposed to the person currently logged into SalesForce sending the email?

I have the email set up to be sent from the lead owner but when I log in to send a test (I am not the lead owner) it still sends the email from me. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Catherine,

Did you try putting in lead tokens in the "from name": {{lead.Lead Owner First Name:default=edit me}} {{lead.Lead Owner Last Name:default=edit me}} & "from address": {{lead.Lead Owner Email Address:default=edit me}}

Try that and it should work.
Catherine_Caran
Level 2

Hi Michelle,

That is how it's set up now within the email in Marketo - but I noticed that in our Admin settings, the "From Address" for Sales Insight is set to "SalesForce User Email Address" and there is not other option in the drop down to select from. I would think you should be able to set it to the Lead Owner there or to default to whatever you put in the token... but there is only the one option (SalesForce User Email Address).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Catherine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Catherine,

Sales Insight is working as designed in this case; emails are meant to come from the person sending them, and override any default sender, even if lead owner tokens are set up. Here's an idea that you can vote for to suggest a change: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000ImfmAAC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to send Sales Insight emails signed by the logged in Salesforce user. The "from" address is populated by the logged in user but how can I change the signatures in all the sales emails. The only token available is for the lead owner and not the logged in salesforce user.