SOLVED

Re: Sales Insight Emails - Operational?

Go to solution
Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Awesome, that makes sense (I'd used the "send to other emails" field, but never thought of created a token for email addresses like that, but I will use that everywhere now!)

If I don't know who's sending the email, though, I have no way of sending the alert to that person specifically.. I need to know exactly who I want to send the alert to if I use the "send to other emails" field.

Not sure if I'm being clear...

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Be careful with this feature, Rachel.  Tokens used in the "to other emails" field of alerts only works for trigger campaigns, not batch campaigns.  Per Send Alert - Marketo Docs - Product Docs :

pastedImage_0.png

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Thanks for the reminder, Dan! I generally only use triggered alerts, so it's good to have a refresher on that point when setting up new campaigns.

This kind of alert would be triggered, however I'm not sure the "to other emails" field is the solution I'm looking for. Will keep digging.

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

So there's no kind of segmentation (i.e. if the State = California and Lead Status is MQL send to West Coast BDRs) you can use?

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Nope. I want to send it as a one-off to the seller who sent the email, but they don't always own the contact in SFDC.

At this point, I'm just going to send the alert to the SFDC owner and hope they are communicating with their team

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Ahhh I got it now. What would really help is a "Sent From Email Address" token that you could plug into the other email field. I'll keep this in mind and let you know if anything else comes to me.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Awesome - thanks Conor! Maybe I will create an idea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Conor Fitzpatrick,

Do you know what has happened with this?

Is  there is  a way for me to track in Marketo who has sent the email from Salesforce via Sales Insight?

I need to store this information, so I can populate this data somewhere else please.

Thank you.