Re: Sales Email + Soft Bounce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Email + Soft Bounce?

This may be answered somewhere else but if so, I've had trouble finding it.

Recently I've noticed that when I send a tracked sales email to an account where there has previously been a soft bounce, I'm not getting any kind of confirmation whether the email was delivered or not.

In these cases we know that the email is correct (as non-tracked emails do not get returned, and tracked emails with the wrong address do get returned), but for whatever reason the delivery status is not being shown on the account.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Any idea what's causing it or if there is a way to check delivery status?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rachel,

It will somewhat be related to the reason why it soft-bounced the first time. If the soft bounced was from a anti-spam system, it is likely that the anti-spam does not warn you any longer of further blockage.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

That could be it.

Just for clarification, in the specific cases I'm thinking of, I am am using the Office plugin to send and track an email from my personal account. Is there documentation that this would still get flagged by an anti-spam system?

Also, if this IS the case, it would be nice if Marketo would log that the sales email also soft bounced...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some ISPs will refuse to deliver for Spam reasons and not return a code.  I have seen this happen before

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Very true. Most anti spam will try to disclose as little information as possible to senders they consider as spammers.

-Greg