SOLVED

Re: Sales email sent from Salesforce, can it be "related" to an opportunity?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales email sent from Salesforce, can it be "related" to an opportunity?

Hey community! A sales rep asked me this question today and I have been testing and looking for a way to accomplish this with no luck. Does anyone know?

The question:

When I send a Marketo email to an individual contact, I can't seem to attach the activity to the opportunity.  This means that I have to wait for Marketo to 'sync' with SF (which takes a long while) so that it shows in activity history that the email went out. And then, I must remember to go back and edit the activity and manually attach it to the opportunity once it synced.  Is there a better/easier way to have it be attached from the start?

Below is a screenshot of the activity on the contact record. All other activity types ask you if you want to relate it to an opp. The first item, "Was sent sales email" is not related to the opp...

msi.png

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up calling in to support and I learned that "Marketo's integration with Salesforce does not have the ability to immediately associate email activity with an opportunity, nor is it possible to send Sales Emails through the Opportunity record."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up calling in to support and I learned that "Marketo's integration with Salesforce does not have the ability to immediately associate email activity with an opportunity, nor is it possible to send Sales Emails through the Opportunity record."

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

yes, I ran into this in the past as well, too bad there is no way to associate MSI emails with opps, significantly limits use cases of MSI emails for our org, might be worth creating an idea about that