Re: Sales contact form and lead scoring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales contact form and lead scoring

Hi,

My client has a sales contact form on their site. Any time someone completes the form, a sales alert is triggered.

We recently implemented lead scoring for the client. When a leads crosses the MQL threshold of 50, a sales alert is triggered. In our system, completing the sales contact form earns a lead 30 points.

We want to prevent sales from receiving two alerts: one for completing the sales contact form and another for exceeding the MQL threshold.

What I've done to the MQL threshold sales alert is to prevent an alert from being sent if the lead completed the sales contact form in the last 30 days. I want to make sure that older leads who may have completed the sales contact form previously can still be sent to sales if they've engaged with the site or with email recently.

Have I chosen the best method for resolving the issue? Any thing else that I should consider implementing to avoid triggering two alerts to sales? I've considered not scoring a lead for completing the sales contact form, but I don't think that's the right solution.

Thanks for your help!
Tara

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add a constraint for the MQL alert that said "if email [contact alert] is not sent, then send MQL alert."

Instead of sending an alert, another option is to just send a task for follow up to your CRM system. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kara!

Do you know if the constraint applies to the current instance only? In other words, if a lead completed the sales contact form weeks ago and an alert was sent then, will it prevent the MQL alert from being sent now if the score changes?

Thanks again,
Tara
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a time constraint if you use the logic I suggested. Marketo would just look to see if that particular email was sent at any time. As long as you have used the same alert email the entire time, you should be fine. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, Kara.