Sales Alert Token for Web Form Fill Out

James_Glavin
Level 5

Sales Alert Token for Web Form Fill Out

Hi there and Happy New Year!

I've set up a Sales Alert for our sales team when a new lead is created. I wanted to include details of where the new lead came from, but I'm struggling to make this work with tokens. 

I can see that there's a token to say that the new lead was created through a Web Form Fill Out. But is there a token to say which page they were on when the form was filled out? We have one standard form we use on multiple pages, so it'd be good to be able to tell sales what page they were on when they provided their contact info.

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks!

James

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sales Alert Token for Web Form Fill Out

Are you using Interesting Moments? You can use {{lead.Last Interesting Moment Desc}} as a token.
You can also try Original Referrrer.

Unless you are capturing more data in fields, you won't be able to list the page as a token.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Another option is to use several different alert emails and use Choices based on the last visited Page.
James_Glavin
Level 5

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your comments. I did try using Last Interesting Moment which worked about 90% of the time, but sometimes the Last Interesting Moment was "Visited multiple web pages in 1 day", so that didn't always work. Similarly, last visited page isn't always the page that they filled out the form.

So, I'm thinking there's not a perfect solution, but I might continue using Last Interesting Moment for now as a 'good enough' work around.

Thanks,

James

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you only use "interesting moment" without sales insight? This is a problem I have been trying to resolve for weeks. We unfortunately don't have sales insight, and I'm trying to find a way to let sales know what the last activity was that makes them a lead in my alerts -- e.g., filled out a form (what form), downloaded content (What content), visited page (what page), clicked link (what link), etc. Currently, the alerts I have drafted are somewhat useless because they don't provide any valuable information.

Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated.

Steve