Running tag-based reports across workspaces

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Running tag-based reports across workspaces

We are setting up separate lead partitions/workspaces by country across our global organization.  In Europe, we are organized by REGION (e.g., the Nordics region consists of Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark - each will have their own workspace).  If we use country TAGS, will we be able to run reports across workspaces based on the country tag?  For example, run a report for the Nordics region where "country tag" = Norway OR Finland OR Sweden OR Denmark.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Running tag-based reports across workspaces

In RCA, tags are available for filtering reports.  So you will be able to see all programs with a specific tag in a report.   In analytics in MLM, tags cannot be used for report filtering and you can run reports within a single workspace.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

You'll be able to use program tags in the following program reporting features:

1. Program Performance Report (only within the same workspace, not across)
2. Program Analyzer
3. Program Membership Analysis
4. Program Cost Analysis
5. Program Opportunity Analysis
6. Program Revenue Stage Analysis

TJ
Dan_Stevens_

Cheryl, I guess this is where the confusion lies:  During our Discover workshop, the Marketo consultants stressed the use of tags for slicing and dicing the analytics within MLM.  For example, we need to run analytics - both at the global level and within each country/workspace - by service line, geo, industry, program and campaign - and roll-up Marketo programs to the applicable campaign/program.  BTW, our go-to-market taxonomy is as follows: PROGRAMS > CAMPAIGNS > ACTIVITIES.  We'll run 2-3 programs per year, a handful of campaigns per program and several activities per campaign, e.g., email, webinars, events, etc.  Therefore we have created the following tags within our country-specific and global/default workspaces: service line, country, industry, program, and campaign.  I'm concerned since it appears I'm getting different answers from Marketo representatives.
Dan_Stevens_

TJ, are the other 5 reporting features that you list out available across different workspaces?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

The challenge is that a workspace can only see the assets created within it.  So yes, what the consultant said about tags is correct, but there is no way today to run a global report on all programs across workspaces in MLM analytics.  You will have to run a report in each workspace and within the workspace you can use the tags.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Cheryl.  Sounds like a serious limitation for global organizations like ours where each country will require their own workspace of localized assets.  I would love to hear how others setup their Marketo environment who are in a similar situation.  If we don't use workspaces - and instead create a country-based folder structure at the root-level (containing the countries' localized assets/campaigns/programs) - I would think this could get extremely complex/unmanageable and at risk of having all folders accessible by everyone since you cannot create roles that limit which folders are accessible.  

Back to TJ's reply above - are the other 5 reporting features that he listed out available across different workspaces?
Marketo_Marketo
Level 2

Hi Dan,

Yes, the other reporting features (#2 to #6) are available across different workspaces.

#4 provides the same features/metrics as #1, so you won't be missing any functionality.

TJ