RTP Question: Can I change Sidebar Items or is it just whole pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

RTP Question: Can I change Sidebar Items or is it just whole pages

Hey Everyone I have a quick question.

I am not familiar at all with RTP (Time to do home work) and wanted to run a quick question by the community. Can you use RTP to switch out side bars? The problem we are having is that we have a side bar on about 20 pages that hyperlinks to our webinars/ upcoming events/ etc. every time we have a new webinar etc. it's a manual process to go page by page and change out the image and link.

I wanted to see if RTP could handle this task so if we change it out once it will dynamically change the rest? Any help and/or best practices is extremely appreciated

Cheers,

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: RTP Question: Can I change Sidebar Items or is it just whole pages

Yes, that's the whole point of RTP.

Real-Time Personalization - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Generally you define the ad block that you want to personalize. I'm not sure about the sidebar specifics, but it should be possible as there was a thread on this a month ago. Is the side bar a pop up/slider or is it a defined skyscraper or box?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey josh,

Thank you for easy access to the product doc. It is currently a defined skyscraper type.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Justin, as long as there is a unique <div id> for that section, you can replace the entire div with something new. The example below shows the standard box on one of our pages on the left, and it's dynamically changed for people who aren't current newsletter subscribers on the right.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thank you Dory