SOLVED

Re: RTP - Discrepancy between Segment Matches and Campaign Impressions

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

RTP - Discrepancy between Segment Matches and Campaign Impressions

Within RTP we have several segments set up to display in-zone campaigns upon someone's arrival to our site, but I'm finding that the number of impressions that we're getting is very low. I've also compared this to the number of matches we have for the segment, and it seems like only between 5-10% of our matches are actually being shown the campaign. 

The campaigns themselves are set to show to 100% of visitors, so does anyone else know why there might be so few impressions of these campaigns? 

0EM50000000T2HK.png

0EM50000000T2HP.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

I checked some of your segments and campaigns and this is what I found:

When you define a segment to match visitors from Healthcare organizations for example, this segment will match these visitors as they land on your website, regardless of the page they view.

The 'Campaign Target URL' you set in the Campaign editor defines which specific page or pages the campaign will be displayed on.

Looking in the 3 campaigns from your screenshot ('Healthcare In Zone', 'Finance In Zone' and 'Media In Zone'), they all have your home page (www.emarketer.com) defined as the target URL.

Therefore, the number of impressions you see on the Campaigns page indicates the number of visitors that matched the campaign’s target segment and actually were on the home page and saw the campaign.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Yanir.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

I checked some of your segments and campaigns and this is what I found:

When you define a segment to match visitors from Healthcare organizations for example, this segment will match these visitors as they land on your website, regardless of the page they view.

The 'Campaign Target URL' you set in the Campaign editor defines which specific page or pages the campaign will be displayed on.

Looking in the 3 campaigns from your screenshot ('Healthcare In Zone', 'Finance In Zone' and 'Media In Zone'), they all have your home page (www.emarketer.com) defined as the target URL.

Therefore, the number of impressions you see on the Campaigns page indicates the number of visitors that matched the campaign’s target segment and actually were on the home page and saw the campaign.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Yanir.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Yanir, thanks for the quick response! This makes a lot of sense as I know a lot of our visitors come through our newsletter, so they go directly to our articles. Hadn't thought about this as being an issue! Good catch.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy I could help here 🙂

Btw, this is why we usually recommend to have additional Dialog Box campaign showing up on all other pages (except the homepage) with a similar CTA.

That way you could engage the other 1,066 Healthcare organizations in the example above.

Another option, if you prefer the In-Zone campaigns is to have a dedicated "RTP DIV" on all your website pages.

By default you can leave this Div empty, but if a visitor matches a segment you can continue showing him the same CTA on all page.

We've seen great results with this type campaigns.

LMK if you need assistance with setting this up.

Yanir.