SOLVED

Re: RTP and jQuery

Go to solution
Eben_Shapiro
Level 3

RTP and jQuery

Hello,

I want to use RTP on a page that's already using jQuery. The RTP embed code loads jquery too, and it looks like sometimes it conflicts with the jquery object that I'm loading in my code. In production, the error was only happening on Internet Explorer 8, but then I wrote a test script that showed the problem happening on all versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox. Is anyone else, running into this issue? I contacted customer support and they said they couldn't help because I was using 'custom code' on my site, referring to the javascript I wrote. Does this mean RTP is only intended to run on pages without javascript? 

Thank you,

Eben
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eben,

This can be configured in your account settings by the Support team (since it is one of some advanced configurations that are not accessable to users).

Once we disable the jQuery loading by RTP, it won't load on any of your website pages.

Unfortunally there is no way to exclude pages here - therefore, you will need to make sure it is being imported properly.

I've checked the issue you reported on in the support ticket which is currently being handled by Jim Thao from the support team.

It seems like there is an issue with some custom Javascript code you use there, since even when I am completely disabling the RTP tag on your website, this issue still occurs.

I asked Jim to follow up with you about that shortly and I'd suggest you continue working with him to troubleshoot this issue as soon as possible.

Please feel free to keep me in the loop and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Yanir.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

See my comment below.
Yanir.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Eben,

We are able to configure the script behavior and completly disable the jQuery loading by RTP on your website.

This should fix this jQuery conflict you see.

You will need to make sure that jQuery is being imported on all your website pages - otherwise some RTP features won't function properly.

Please let me know if that works for you and I will make the change.

Sincerely,

Yanir.
Eben_Shapiro
Level 3

Hi Yanir,

Thank you for your reply. I think that would be okay, but before I do that I'd like to understand a little more about it. How will jquery be disabled from loading? Would it be done in a new loading script? Would I have the option to re-enable the jquery loading on different pages?

Thanks again,
Eben

Anonymous
Not applicable

See my comment below.

Yanir.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eben,

This can be configured in your account settings by the Support team (since it is one of some advanced configurations that are not accessable to users).

Once we disable the jQuery loading by RTP, it won't load on any of your website pages.

Unfortunally there is no way to exclude pages here - therefore, you will need to make sure it is being imported properly.

I've checked the issue you reported on in the support ticket which is currently being handled by Jim Thao from the support team.

It seems like there is an issue with some custom Javascript code you use there, since even when I am completely disabling the RTP tag on your website, this issue still occurs.

I asked Jim to follow up with you about that shortly and I'd suggest you continue working with him to troubleshoot this issue as soon as possible.

Please feel free to keep me in the loop and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Yanir.
Eben_Shapiro
Level 3

Thanks Yanir,

I'll continue to work with Jim on this issue. Can you tell me what page you checked out where you ran into an error with my code?

Thanks again,

Eben
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eben_Shapiro
Level 3

Okay, just to be clear, the error on this page is irrelevant to what I was trying to show Jim. The point of this page was to show that after Jim had disabled jquery from loading, rtp was still loading jquery-ui, which I would also like to disable since it might cause another conflict with my code, and that it was also loading 'player_api' from youtube, 'iframe-api-v1.js' and E-v1.js' from wistia, and 'froogaloop.js' from vimeo for some reason. I was hoping someone could tell me why these extra scripts were being loaded.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eban,

Since it is a specifc issue, I'd suggest we'll continue working on it via the support ticket.

I've asked Jim Thao to keep me posted in the process and we will make sure we are finding the root cause of it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Yanir.