SOLVED

Routing open text from a Marketo form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Routing open text from a Marketo form

Hi - I'm very new to Marketo. I have a form that contains an open text feedback block in it. I'd like to forward whatever content is input in this section of the form to a couple of email addresses (and not autopopulate CRM until the lead becomes an opportunity). How do I do this?

I've already embedded the form in a non-marketo landing page. I've created a landing page for the form submitter thanking them for submitting the form and I've created the campaign that sends an alert to to the email addresses once the form is submitted. I'm just missing the part on handling the feedback???

Thank you,
Deirdre
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Routing open text from a Marketo form

Hi Deidre,

I took a look at your subscription. It looks like the field that you're using to capture the field is actually called "Department".
0EM50000000QBSl.jpg

The field name (not the Display name) is what is used for the token so please look for this token in the email editor:
0EM50000000QBSq.jpg

Since you haven't launched this, you may want to consider creating a different custom field called Feedback to help prevent confusion in the future. Create it in Salesforce and sync it down to Marketo if you (eventually) want that field to be visible in Salesforce. If you just want it to stay in Marketo, then you can create it in Marketo (Admin > Field Management).

Thanks,
Ei-Mang

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create an email that contains the field tokens for the form information. That will be your alert to send in your Send Alert flow step.

For instance:

First Name:  {{lead.First Name}} 
Last Name: {{lead.Last Name}}
Comments:  {{lead.Comments}}

(Use the tokens icon in the email editor to find the correct fields.)

Use a Sync to CRM campaign to define when a lead should be synced.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deidre,

Just to add to Kelly's answer, here's a helpful article on using the Send Alert flow action.

Also, when you set up the smart list for this campaign, you can have the triggers be:
(1) filled out form, AND
(2) comments field is not empty

This way, if a lead doesn't put in any comments, no email is sent out.

Thanks, Ei-Mang
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your help. I've added tokens to my email, but have run into another snag. I don't seem to have a token for "Feedback" or "Comments". Do I need to create my own token for this? If yes, not really sure what value I need to associate it to. I see from reading in the community that my token will only be visible within the program or campaign - however, even though I've tentatively already created a new "my feedback" token - it's not visible at all - so maybe I've done something wrong?
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the field that you're currently using to as the Feedback field on your form? Let's say you called it "Feedback Box".

From the Email Editor, click the "Insert Token" icon (upper right corner). Then you should be able to find a token named {{lead.Feedback Box}} in the picklist and insert that into your email.

Does that help?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ei-Mang,

So yes, I did call it "Feedback", but there is no {{lead.Feeback}} listed in the token drop downs???

The form has been approved. Is there anything else I should check?

Thank you,
Deirdre
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Deidre,

I took a look at your subscription. It looks like the field that you're using to capture the field is actually called "Department".
0EM50000000QBSl.jpg

The field name (not the Display name) is what is used for the token so please look for this token in the email editor:
0EM50000000QBSq.jpg

Since you haven't launched this, you may want to consider creating a different custom field called Feedback to help prevent confusion in the future. Create it in Salesforce and sync it down to Marketo if you (eventually) want that field to be visible in Salesforce. If you just want it to stay in Marketo, then you can create it in Marketo (Admin > Field Management).

Thanks,
Ei-Mang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow - thank you Ei-Mang!

Sorry - that's a total beginner error! I took the online training, but we ran into technical difficulties with some network issues and then weren't able to continue using Marketo. My training as a result has been disjointed and it's been hard to remember all the little pieces. Anyways - thank you very much for your help. I just went in and created a Feedback field in the admin section and am now able to proceed.

Thank you again,
Deirdre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to help, Deirdre -- so glad to hear you're ready to go now!