SOLVED

Routing leads to another Marketo instance

Go to solution
brendadavis
Level 1

Routing leads to another Marketo instance

Hello,

I am wondering if we can route a lead to Marketo instance A when the lead fills out a form that is hosted in Marketo instance B?

Background: We have a contact us landing page with a Marketo form. The form has 3 options that represent the 2 products we have, plus a choice to get information for both products.

Example:

- Business A

- Business B

- Both, Business A and Business B

We are moving Business A to its own Marketo instance soon and I am wondering how we could accomplish this routing when the Marketo form is hosted through Marketo instance A?

Thank you!

Brenda Davis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Routing leads to another Marketo instance

I am wondering if we can route a lead to Marketo instance A when the lead fills out a form that is hosted in Marketo instance B?

Sure. You use the technique I outlined in this post to load both embeds — one visible and one hidden. Add an onSubmit listener to the visible one to determine whether you should route to the hidden one (or potentially to both).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Sure. You use the technique I outlined in this post to load both embeds — one visible and one hidden. Add an onSubmit listener to the visible one to determine whether you should route to the hidden one (or potentially to both).

brendadavis
Level 1

Amazing! Thank you so much.  I will be meeting with our developer this week and walk through this process.  

Will this solution also work for our unsubscribe page?  It would look like email preferences where a contact can choose to unsubscribe from one or both of the product's emails.

Brenda Davis
SanfordWhiteman

Sure, it'll work on any form, including an Unsubscribe form.