SOLVED

Routing alert based on choices entered in two fields

Go to solution
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

Routing alert based on choices entered in two fields

I have a form that has a dropdown containing a number of product areas of interest. For just one of those products, I need to send alerts to any of 5 different salespeople depending on the country the customer has chosen in the "country" field. Each of these 5 people represent a specific region, so my plan is to append the name of the region after the name of the country. For example, Saudia Arabia (MENA). Then I was thinking I would be able to filter by "contains - MENA" and route to the MENA salesperson. I can't figure out how to do this. I tried using the "Send Alert" flow alert and was thinking I would have it look for the product (area of interest) and also the region, but now I see that it will only look for the first choice and stop at that. There's no way to have it look for 2 choices, as far as I can tell.

Has anyone done something like this or have a suggestion for a simple way to do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Routing alert based on choices entered in two fields

Since they're separate campaigns, you could just filter the campaign within the smart list, and not the flow step. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Nancy, it isn't quite as neat and it's a little bit more work, but I'd probably set up a separate alert campaign for each of the areas. This will mean 5 campaigns, but it should work the way you're looking. 
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

Yes, I was planning to do that...have one "send alert" for each of the 5 regions...but my problem is that I can't figure out how to also look at the "area of interest" field in the same form and send these alerts only if one specific product is selected. They don't want to do the same kind of region-specific routing for the other products in that dropdown...
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Since they're separate campaigns, you could just filter the campaign within the smart list, and not the flow step. 
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

Ah, I get you! Yes, I can see how that would work. Thanks Dory!