SOLVED

Rounding numbers with velocity

Go to solution
Kainelson
Level 2

Rounding numbers with velocity

I have some data coming in with decimals and I was hoping to round it with velocity. For example, I have some numbers coming in as 34.36 and would like it to show 34. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Rounding numbers with velocity

Get yourself a proper number-rounder and use it:

#set( $integerFormat = $number.getNumberFormat("integer", $convert.toLocale("en_US")) )
#set( $void = $integerFormat.setRoundingMode($field.in($integerFormat.getRoundingMode()).HALF_UP) )
${integerFormat.format($number.toNumber($lead.YourField))}

(Assuming of course you meant arithmetic rounding.)

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

Well, it’s not actually possible to stop multiple COs from being created. So you always want to loop over the list, even if 99.9999% of the time it has only one item in it.

Like so:

#set( $integerFormat = $number.getNumberFormat("integer", $convert.toLocale("en_US")) )
#set( $void = $integerFormat.setRoundingMode($field.in($integerFormat.getRoundingMode()).HALF_UP) )
#if( !$CustomObjectList.isEmpty() )
#foreach( $object in $CustomObjectList )
${integerFormat.format($number.toNumber($object.YourField))}
#end
#end

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Get yourself a proper number-rounder and use it:

${integerFormat.format($number.toNumber($lead.YourField))}

(Assuming of course you meant arithmetic rounding.)

Kainelson
Level 2

This is great, thank you. If you don't mind can you telling me how I would incorporate my custom object field in this? I am receiving the number through a custom object field and need my token to round the integer and display in my email. Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

Well, a person can have multiple CO records. Do you want to output this single field (rounded) for each CO record?

Kainelson
Level 2

Yes, it's just one field that I need to have rounded. We don't create multiple custom object records, just update the fields.

SanfordWhiteman

Well, it’s not actually possible to stop multiple COs from being created. So you always want to loop over the list, even if 99.9999% of the time it has only one item in it.

Like so:

#if( !$CustomObjectList.isEmpty() )
#foreach( $object in $CustomObjectList )
${integerFormat.format($number.toNumber($object.YourField))}
#end
#end

Kainelson
Level 2

Thank you SO much! Looks like it working.