SOLVED

Re: Revenue Modeler: How does a lead move?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revenue Modeler: How does a lead move?

Hi community--

I am using revenue modeler for the first time in a while and could use some refreshing.

We have Anonymous-->Inquiry-->MQL-->SAL as part of our model. The transition rule from MQL-->SAL is simply a trigger that looks for Data Value Changes "Lead Status = SAL".

My questions is whether the lead must be in the MQL stage in order for it to move to the SAL stage. For example, can the lead go from Anonymous or Inquiry stage to SAL stage without having ever been in the MQL stage?

Thanks,
Hoi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hoi,

The general rule is that the transition rule assumes the previous stage.  So if you need  a lead to skip stages, or to account for that path, then you need to build the transition first, then specify the rule.  You can actually draw the little purlple transition lines to connect non adjacent stages, then specificy that particular rule in it.

The only exception is the one you mentioned in that, you can't have leads transition from the anonymous bucket, that one is system generated.  It should start at the first revenue stage.

Hope this helps!
Thanks
M

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hoi,

The general rule is that the transition rule assumes the previous stage.  So if you need  a lead to skip stages, or to account for that path, then you need to build the transition first, then specify the rule.  You can actually draw the little purlple transition lines to connect non adjacent stages, then specificy that particular rule in it.

The only exception is the one you mentioned in that, you can't have leads transition from the anonymous bucket, that one is system generated.  It should start at the first revenue stage.

Hope this helps!
Thanks
M

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Maneeza! Super helpful.

Do you know how we should deal with leads created in Salesforce? For example, one of our sales rep can easily create a lead with status equal to SAL. I'd want that lead to be in the SAL stage of the model.

What is the best way to handle this?

Hoi
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Hoi,

Yes, you will want to use the initial assignment rules to do that.  Community documentation will tell you about it, but basically that is used to assign API and SFDC created leads.  I think it is under Model Actions.

Have fun!
M
P.S. You should also think about what that will do to your reporting though.  Because what it will show you is the # of leads going into SAL getting bigger and bigger, and hence the conversion to OPP will almost by default be getting smaller and smaller.

Technically that is what is happening now, so for your case  I think it is fine.