Revamping Lead Lifecycle Program - Edit existing or create a new one?

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Revamping Lead Lifecycle Program - Edit existing or create a new one?

Hi,

We have evaluated our lead lifecycle model and the programs that run it, and have decided we need to make some changes --add certain lifecycle statuses, delete others, etc. Mostly, we will be condensing the current model.

Do you guys suggest editing the current program that runs the model (cloning it and making the changes and then turning the new one on and archiving the old one) or creating a new program?

Also, regarding the RCM (the visual model that lives under Analytics), is that actually connected to the program that runs the model? Or is it just a visual representation of what the model is and isn't actually connected to it? I'm not sure if I make changes to it, if it will affect or disconnect from the program that runs the model?

Thanks,

-Leticia

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Re: Revamping Lead Lifecycle Program - Edit existing or create a new one?

Hi Leticia,

In all fairness, it's entirely up to you. I wouldn't say it's just as easy to create a new program as it is updating an existing one, but it really depends on the complexity of the lifecycle program you've got set up. 

I personally prefer starting with a blank slate. It gives me the opportunity to thoroughly evaluate every Smart Campaign's criteria and flow steps to make sure I'm capturing everything I need to. However, this isn't always the best option if there are only one or two adjustments to make.

Regarding the RCM, it's a visual representation of the lead journey that can be set up to move leads within the model itself, or within an external program. If managed externally - which it sounds might be the case - any time you create a new stage with a flow arrow, it should be mapped with the "Manual Stage Change" trigger so that a Smart Campaign can manage the criteria/flow process.