Return a Dynamic Content block back to default

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Return a Dynamic Content block back to default

Hello,

When you are creating a dynamic email, Is there a way to revert something back to using the default option?

Long story short I was going to segment based on something, and things changed so I don't need the dynamic info anymore (but it's all plugged in). I want to revert it to the default field but am not seeing any option like this. am I missing something or is this not doable?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Return a Dynamic Content block back to default

Should be a Make Static upon right-click.

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

To be clear, I am trying to segment based on location, my concern is if I do that, it will change all of the ones (event the ones I don't want to revert) to static. Is this not the case? I don't want to do something that will create more work.

SanfordWhiteman

Right, if you have some segment-specific Dynamic content that's still different from the Default (that wasn't clear from your original post) then you can't simply Make Static, as that clears all Dynamic content.

I'm not aware of a way to make a segment inherit from the Default again after it originally had its own content. Though this is an area I haven't hacked at much.

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Yeah, sorry I wasnt more clear. it would affect other dynamic content if I made it static which is why I hesitated to do so.

If you don't have an answer, I don't think there is one

SanfordWhiteman

If you don't have an answer, I don't think there is one

Haha, usually so, but the Email Editor is one place I don't hack too much, so possibly...