SOLVED

Re: Restricting Who Can Publish To MSI

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restricting Who Can Publish To MSI

Hello,

I'm going through our Marketo Sales Insight email templates and there are a lot of old and useless templates in there at the moment. I don't mind going through the list and manually unpublishing them, since it seems there's no other way at the moment, but I would like to know if there's a way to stop our Marketo users from publishing one-off emails that don't need templates at all. 

Sorry for starting a new thread if this one is already answered. I did a days worth of research and couldn't find a solution.

Thanks!

Danny T.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Debbie - Even if you restrict access to the Design Studio or templates, they can still publish emails within Marketing Activities.

Edit: I just got this response from Marketo Support:

"The only way to do that is to remove their ability to edit emails, as there is not a way to isolate this permission if they can edit it."

Looks like I'll have to just tell people not to publish emails.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried creating a new role that restricts access to templates? Or restricts access to the design studio? 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypBCAS#create-a-new-role
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Debbie - Even if you restrict access to the Design Studio or templates, they can still publish emails within Marketing Activities.

Edit: I just got this response from Marketo Support:

"The only way to do that is to remove their ability to edit emails, as there is not a way to isolate this permission if they can edit it."

Looks like I'll have to just tell people not to publish emails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update Danny. I wish you luck on your sales process change... 😃