Restore Deleted Email Address

Anonymous
Not applicable

Restore Deleted Email Address

We had some salespeople delete 100+ prospects' email addresses instead of just opting them out when they requested to be opted out. I would like to restore the email addresses and then change Unsubscribed to True for these leads. I can see the deleted email address (at least going back 90 days) in the Activity Log but know of know way to make a campaign reference the previous (unknown) value. Of course I could have someone go through the activity logs manually but  I'm looking for a way to automate the process. Can anyone think of a way to do it? Or do you know if Marketo support can do so given that the information is in the activity log?

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Restore Deleted Email Address

You could try the Data Value Was Changed to see the list of leads and then go through each log entry. Having had a similar issue before, no, Support does not have good tools to do this automatically and since each value is unique, we can't convince the workflow to do it either with a Token.

SFDC can do this better actually assuming that you had lead history on and someone can check the Change Log. Then I'd either restore it there or take the values from that list and try to push them back in SFDC with the SFDC ID to match the email address that was changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the information about how to do this in SFDC. I just checked an, unfortunately, history tracking is not on for email address. So this may be a manual job for someone.

Denise

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Like Josh said, you can use SFDC to restore deleted email IDs and then let them sync with MKTO. Once they are created, you can change Unsubscribe to True. If you don't have them in MKTO and the list is large, we can use API to fetch the old email IDs from  the activity log, and update them back. This would need some custom coding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Alok! Since the list is only about 100 I think I'll have someone go through the activity logs and restore the email addresses manually.