SOLVED

Re: REST API Getting 'System Error' from scheduleCampaign call - Code: 611

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

REST API Getting 'System Error' from scheduleCampaign call - Code: 611

Hey everyone,

I am currently trying to utilize the REST API's scheduleCampaign to send out blog posts via email.

The basic flow is that when a blog post is posted, get the content, and send it to Marketo via the scheduleCampaign end point.

I get this back as the response body: "{"requestId":"xxx","success":false,"errors":[{"code":"611","message":"System error"}]}"

Any ideas? Where is there a list of what the error code means? What is a "System Error" in this context?

Thanks ahead of time,
AJ
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Murtza,

So I tried making some other API calls (such as Get Lead by ID) and got the exact same error. It seemed to be a problem with my LaunchPoint Service setup. I had an Admin user for the services some how and that was the cause. Create an API-Only User and setup a new LaunchPoint custom Service and it works perfectly now.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi AJ,

611 is any unhandled exception: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/rest/error-codes/  Could you provide you're request format so we can see what might be wrong with it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a JSON string, this is what is POST'd:

{
    "input": {
        "runAt":"2014-08-28T14:00:00-07:00",
        "tokens": [
            {
                "name":"{{my.blog_title}}",
                "value":"Test Blog Post"
            },
            {
                "name":"{{my.blog_content}}",
                "value":"Testing testing here.\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\ntest"
            },
            {
                "name":"{{my.blog_post_link}}",
                "value":"http:\/\/127.0.0.1:8888\/test-blog-post\/"
            }
        ]
    }
}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two things to check:

1 - Did you create these {{my.blog_title}}, {{my.blog_content}}, and {{my.blog_post_link}}, as program tokens in the program that contains the compaign you are calling? 

2 -  I would suggest retrying this request without characters like "/r" or "\/," which might be causing an error. Generally, I would first confirm the base case works before testing examples like this. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Murtza
1. Yes, I see all three present in the "My Tokens" tab at the Program level

2. I retried without any of those characters and it still returned an error of the same kind.

Is it worth attempting to recreate the campaign/program that I am using for this send?
Anonymous
Not applicable

0EM50000000SMNA.jpg

Before recreating the campaign:

1 - Are all 8 of 8 permissions checked on your user role for API user? If you only see 5 permissions available, then you will have to recreate your API user role. Then it will show 8 permissions available. 

2 - Have you been able to make a succesful call to requestCampaign API before this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Murtza,

So I tried making some other API calls (such as Get Lead by ID) and got the exact same error. It seemed to be a problem with my LaunchPoint Service setup. I had an Admin user for the services some how and that was the cause. Create an API-Only User and setup a new LaunchPoint custom Service and it works perfectly now.

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. I am glad you were able to get it working!