SOLVED

Respecting People's Opt Outs

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Respecting People's Opt Outs

Hi Marketo Wizards,

I have a pretty interesting issue. We have people set up on various subscriptions that they can change on the fly- for example, product news, the blog, webinars, etc. basically allowing people to dictate what aspects of the company they're interested in and what correspondance they want to receive.

Of course, in addition to this, we have various pages where people can fill out a form to receive a download, access to video files, things like that. We use these downloads to encourage people to fill out the form, and when they do we subscribe them to specific topics of interest.

This creates a conflict, because sometimes people want a given download but they have explicitly opted out of one or more of the areas of interest that the download will sign them up for.

Basically I just want to make sure that people aren't opted back into a subscription that they opted out of earlier, just by downloading the wrong file or attending the wrong webinar or whatever the case is.

Is there any way to do this? Thank you so much!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Respecting People's Opt Outs

Hi Cheyne, I would suggest using an opt out date field for each of your subscription types. If someone downloads/registers for something where they'd be resubscribed and the opt out date is populated, then the rules should state that they aren't re-subscribed. This will require you to populate the opt-out date when people unsubscribe from one of your lists as well. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Respecting People's Opt Outs

Hi Cheyne, I would suggest using an opt out date field for each of your subscription types. If someone downloads/registers for something where they'd be resubscribed and the opt out date is populated, then the rules should state that they aren't re-subscribed. This will require you to populate the opt-out date when people unsubscribe from one of your lists as well.