Re: Resend email to leads who didn't open

Anonymous
Not applicable

Resend email to leads who didn't open

Newbie here, trying to resend an email to recipients who didn't open it last time. I know this has been covered before....I think I figure dirt out, but sine I am new to this, hoping someone can confirm I have set up the smart list correctly. Thanks!0EM50000000Qpi3.jpg
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your smart list filters are correct.  Keep in mind that Opens is a very inaccurate metric.  Some people may have opened the email, but they do not display images, so they do not trigger an Open.  Some people may have a preview pane in their email client and even if the email is only displayed for a moment as they are scrolling through their list of emails, it triggers an Open.
Kenneth_Elking1
Level 3

You should additionally include a "Not Clicked Email" filter.  Opens are only logged if a user downloads images included in the email, but if a lead clicks a link in an email, then they must have implicitly opened the email, regardless of whether they downloaded images from it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

0EM50000000Qpke.jpgThanks Elliot!

@Kenneth, OK here's the thrid filter added, does it look ok? Thanks!

Kenneth_Elking1
Level 3

That third filter should say "Not Clicked Link in Email."  After making that swap, all you should need is to make sure that your filter logic is set to "Use ALL filters" and then you should be good to go.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright I am all set, thanks everyone!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I usually do after 1 week or 7 days, only because for our promotional broadcasts on average, the last activity is after 1 week, and I noticed that to be true of our events broadcasts too.  But for our newsletter or subscription type emails, it takes 2 weeks for the last activity.