Required Fields for List Imports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Required Fields for List Imports

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possibel to make certain fields (email address, country, etc..) required for all list uploads into Marketo. We will be adding additional users soon and I would like to try and proactively stop any bad data from going into the system. 

I will be traingin the new users on list uploads and what fields we need included, but having required fields would be a good safety net.

Any help would be apreceiated.

Thanks,
Cam
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Required Fields for List Imports

Hi Cam, I don't think you're able to require certain fields for list imports -- though this might be a good thing to suggest in the Ideas section.

We have an excel template that we require our users to use for uploads... it isn't perfect, but it works the majority of the time!
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Cam,

Currently there is no way to require fields for a list import.  You can however, set fields to be blocked from updates by list imports, by Trusted or Untrusted sources, to prevent existing values from being overwritten by an import: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LNJyCAO
Grant_Booth
Level 10

You might also consider giving the new users a role which denies access to importing lists until they've been adequately trained to avoid major mistakes (like importing a list with no email addresses):
Admin > Users & Roles > Roles
You could deny the role access to Lead Database > List Import and Marketing Activities > List Import