Request Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Request Campaign

Hi there,

I am creating 3 different smart campaigns under 1 program. The first is a lead scoring campaign which will look for anyone who fills out a form and in the flow steps assign then the correct score value based on opened email, name, company etc.

The 2nd will send everyone email 1 and then if they open the email will request campaign and send them to program 3 which has different wait steps for sending the remaining emails.

I just want to confirm that this is a good use of request campaign and if i have 5 emails in program 2 after each send email i will need to include the request campaign flow step for anyone who opens that email?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Request Campaign

Hi Patricia,

No, this is not the right way to implement this. The campaign #2 will send email #1, but you never know when someone will open this email, so campaign #3 should be a triggered one ("opens email" trigger). etc...

Smart Campaign flows do not leave space for uncontrolled time events. And the fact that you use campaign requests do not change this. This what triggers are for.

On another ground, some advice:

• email open are absolutely not reliable. They are detected from the download of a 1 pixel image, and anyone who does not load images in their email client are not detected. On an other hand, anti-span systems will download images and fire the "open" event
  • You should not score leads in a campaign neither in a program that runs marketing campaigns. Scoring should be centralized, so that it can be easily maintained.

-Greg

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Patricia,

I would heed Greg's advice regarding centralized scoring.  There are some great sample programs in the Marketo program library that you can use as a starter.  The first org that I inherited had scoring workflow scattered throughout campaigns and it made our scoring model very hard to defend with Sales.  Having it centralized in a single Operational program will pay huge dividends.

You can use a set of traffic cops to handle the email side of your campaign.  What is your goal for this program, if you don't mind my asking?

- Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to advice against scoring open email as per your recommendations. I want to send email 1 to everyone and if they click the link or fill out the form i want the wait step to be 3 days before they receive email 2. if they do nothing i want the wait step to be 5 days before they receive email 2. In the meantime i have a filled out form trigger campaign to score them in the flow steps i pulled in a score flow for each scoring metric (first name, last name, budget etc).

So i setup campaign 1 to send everyone email 1 wait 5 days if not clicked email 1 send email 2 wait 5 days etc.

then i setup campaign 2 looking for clicked email trigger them wait 3 days if clicked email 1 send email 2 wait 3 days if clicked email 2 send email 3 etc.

campaign 3 is the scoring campaign as mentioned above.

Thanks

I have not worked in Marketo for over a year and am hoping it will all come back to me as many things have changed