Re: Reporting in Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting in Salesforce

Hi - im new to Marketo however have experience with other Marketing Automation tools and i was looking for information/ best practice around the flexibility of the Marketo and SF integration and to what level you can report on Campaigns / emails in Salesforce.

SF is the Primary system for reporting and also the more we can report here the more transparency of information there is accross the business.........

Please help πŸ™‚

Thanks, Katy 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell us more about what you want to report on? I agree that SFDC is often better for dashboard creation, etc unless you also have RCA.

Marketo can sync things like Email Opens and Campaign Member Status. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh - thanks for your quick reply - 

ideally i would be able to run a report in SF that gives an overview of the email activity filtered by campaign name - so something like this:

Campaign name:
   email name     # sent    #bounced    # delivered   #opens    # clicks etc
(so similar to the Email performance report in Marketo - just in SF)

But then from a dashboard point of view it would be good to be able to show things like....

- number of people reached / emails send
- overall deliverability rate 
- unsubscribe rate
- click through rate (most popular links if possible)
- open rate 
- response rate
- etc

all of the above shoing the top 5 performers per email / campaign

each component within the dashboard im imagining as being tables - so it is a real tactical dashboard

at the moment we are tracking informaiton via activities in SF however i have seen a document today that speaks about capturing response summary which i dont believe we have in our instance of SF (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kz7j&src=comm)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Katy 
Grant_Grigoria1
Level 1

We do email campaign reporting in SF using SF campaigns - and campaign member status, if that helps point you in the right direction.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for that Grant - are your member statuses updated on a campaign by campaign basis using triggers?

also what is the relationship between your emails and campaigns

are you syncing Marketo Programs to SF campaigns? or do you have multiple SF campaigns that are linked to one Marketo Program?

thanks πŸ™‚

Katy