Re: Report to Determine MQL Quality by Program Type

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report to Determine MQL Quality by Program Type

Hi everyone,

I'd like to piggyback off of a recent discussion I started in trying to track the quality of MQL's based on what types of programs these prospects had been members of: http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PehQAAS

Essentially the conclusion was that this is not currently possible to find in RCE, so I'm exploring a different option. Can someone please let me know if the following makes sense or can be improved?

I currently have a custom field called "Most Recent MQL Date" - this is a system date that is filled in when a prospect flows through the "Create MQL" processing program we created.

I created a new field called "MQL Type" which is designed to be a picklist that will reflect each of our program channels. Ideally, I would love for this field to be consolidated and filled in in the "Create MQL" program, but this is seemingly impossible - the {{Campaign.Name}} token would fill in the name for the "Create MQL" program as opposed to the lead gen program responsible for triggering MQL.

So it seems to me like my only option is to add a Change Data Value flow step to each lead gen campaign, filling in a token for the channel type.

I'd love to consolidate this flow step into one processing program, but it doesn't seem possible to do - can someone confirm?

Ultimate goal is to be able to report on:
- #of MQL's generated for each type
- Conversion to opportunity rate for each MQL type

As mentioned in the question I asked above, I need this new field in order to standardize this analysis. RCE isn't flexible enough to let me conduct this analysis by specific program. (I could also do a MQL-Generating Program field...)

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I wonder if I should open this up more generally:

What is the best way to track the quality of MQL's by the type of program they are a member of? I want to figure out conversion to opportunity rates, and even better closed won rates and dollar values if possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim!

Have you tried looking at the Program Revenue Stage Analysis report: http://community.marketo.com/apex/MarketoTutorial?Id=kA250000000Kyru?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - - RCE: Program Revenue Stage Analysis - Can pull "Program Name" and "Stage" as levels, but cannot pull number of members as a Measure, only new names or average days to stage, which are useful but not what I'm trying to find here.