Re: Report that shows which companies are opening my emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report that shows which companies are opening my emails

Hello!

I'm hoping you can help!

I'm still a bit of a new Marketo user, and know how to create:

1) A report that shows all of my emails created (e.g., Subject Line: "Meet Amanda)" along with how many were bounced, delivered, opened, clicked, etc., and

2) A report that shows all of my leads grouped by company name (e.g., Coca Cola, M&M Mars, etc). along with how many total leads exist within those companies, unsubscribes that have happened in all time, blacklists, hard bounces, etc.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I can create a combined report that shows how leads grouped by company name have responded to all of my emails.

e.g., Everyone from Coca Cola opened and clicked on "Meet Amanda", but only half of the people from M&M Mars opened "Meet Amanda".

Is that possible? If so - can you help me?

Thanks so much!

-Amanda

11 REPLIES 11
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Amanda,

Post you questions in "Products", much more people will read them and may answer. Scott K. Wilder​, could you please relocate it ?

Re the answer, this is typically what Account Based Marketing is about.

Mahesh Jeswani (MJ)​, this is for you

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will move

Will forward to MJ. : ) Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Scott! =D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, Greg! 😃

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I haven't done this personally but I don't see why the following wouldn't work. It might be a bit long-winded in the setup.

1. Create a segmentation of all your different accounts.. you could use the smart-list "Company is".

2. Use the email performance report.

3. Under 'Setup', choose "Group by Segmentations" and select your newly created Company segmentation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicholas,

This is great information! I did it, and it's very close to what I'm looking for. Now, however, it's providing company statistics for ALL emails selected. Is there a way to "drill down" (which is no longer appearing in "Report Actions) to see each email and how each company responds to those emails within one report?

e.g.,

*Email #1 Meet Amanda

--Coca Cola had this many opens and bounces

--M&M Mars had this many opens and bounces

*Email #2 Have Coffee with Amanda

--Coca Cola had this many opens and bounces

--M&M Mars had this many opens and bounces

What do you think? Can I get everything in one place?

Thanks for your help!

-Amanda

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hey Amanda, glad to hear that worked out.

I'm not sure it's possible to do that "secondary dimension" style of reporting, unfortunately.

I reckon you could click the Smart List tab and add in a filter along the lines of "Was sent email", or you could use the Setup tab and only select the particular emails you're interested in, but it'd be a manual process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg for notifying.

Hi Amanda,

This is exactly we are working on with our new ABM product.

ABM will allow you to view all marketing activities (email activities, web activities, interesting moments etc.) at an account level.

You can use 'company is' to see the companies you are targeting but it could be misleading as companies are collected from different sources (CRM, Form fill out etc.) , can be mis-spelled or may include leads that may not belong to those companies. Rather, I would use 'domain is' to only target leads that have those domains in their email address to be on the safer side.

Hope this helps!

MJ

Marketo Product Management

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Amanda, if you're going to use this approach (segmentations), using the email domain is much more reliable than "company name" for grouping leads in companies.  People will enter their company name using many variations of the actual name (P&G, Procter and Gamble, Procter & Gamble, etc.).  Instead use this filter: "Email Address CONTAINS @pg." (notice I didn't include the TLD, and stopped it at "." - this will ensure all international variations will be included as well - .com, .co.uk, etc.).  It's also important to include the @ sign to prevent other domains with the same string - e.g., ing.com and building.com.